REEI provides grants to help graduate students present their research at major association meetings and conferences. Students may also be eligible for conference travel support from the College of Arts and Sciences. Please check with your home department graduate advisor to see if you can be nominated.
Eligibility: Must be a graduate student who specializes in the Russian East European region.
Award: Grants are limited to $400 for domestic conference travel and $600 for international conference travel. Student travel reimbursement is limited to minimum airfare or mileage (per IU guidelines), one night lodging, and conference registration fee.
Application: Application materials must include:
- One REEI/Mellon Endowment graduate student application form (available at REEI and online).
- One letter of recommendation (preferably from the student's academic advisor) addressing the quality of the student's work generally.
- Itemized budget of expected expenditures.
- Current IU transcript (unofficial transcript sufficient).
- CV or list of academic honors.
- An abstract of the paper to be presented.
- Copy of the conference program (or notification of the acceptance of the paper).
Deadlines: October 1, January 15, April 1 (if funds available)