Small grants are available to help graduate students who require modest support for research-related travel (domestic or international), travel for participation in a structured internship program, or travel for advanced language study in the Russian East European region. Grants may also be used for expenses related to publication of completed research.
Students applying under this program may also be eligible for support under Office of International Programs, International Enhancement Grants. Please discuss your plans with the REEI staff before submitting an application.
Eligibility: Must be a graduate student who specializes in the Russian East European region.
Award: Grants are limited to $700/year per student.
Application: Application materials include:
- One REEI/Mellon Endowment graduate student application form (available online).
- One letter of recommendation (preferably from the student's academic advisor) addressing the quality of the student's work generally.
- Itemized budget of expected expenditures.
- Current IU transcript (unofficial transcript sufficient).
- CV or list of academic honors.
- For research: a statement of 1,000 words or less describing educational goals, career interests and plans; the statement should describe the activity for which funding is being sought and its anticipated impact on the participant's academic progress and achievement of his/her career goals.
- For internships: include documentation of confirmed acceptance by the internship provider.
- For language study: included documentation of confirmed acceptance by the language training provider.
Deadlines: October 1, January 15, April 1 (if funds available)