This dual degree combines the Master of Arts in Russian and East European Studies and the Master of Business in the Kelley School of Business.
M.A. & M.B.A.
Use your Graduate Academic Bulletin
Students pursuing a graduate degree in the Russian and East European Institute should use the University Graduate School Academic Bulletin.
Official requirements for our dual degree in REEI and Master of Business (M.A./M.B.A.) can be found by clicking on the Bulletin below:
For official degree requirements, you must consult with the Graduate School Bulletin. The information below is not the official record.
How to apply
You must apply for admission to—and meet the admission requirements for—both programs. Visit the Kelley School of Business website for admissions information.
Required courses (6 credits)
- REEI R600 Proseminar in REEI Area Studies (3 cr)
- REEI R601 Interdisciplinary Colloquium in REEI (3 cr)
Area studies (18 credits)
Four courses (3 credits each) from the area studies offerings, with one each from:
- Social Science
Courses in the concentration (6 credits)
- Two courses in the area of concentration (3 cr. each): International Business
M.A. essay & examination
REEI and the University Graduate School have strict guidelines for the submission, defense, and acceptance of the M.A. Essay. Students must comply with these guidelines and timeline when preparing to defend their essay. A timeline for student requirements follows.
REEI students are expected to demonstrate through oral examination at least an intermediate oral competency in an approved area language. Your proficiency is measured through a conversational exam on a variety of topics, including but not limited to home, school, history, current events, and your research.
For more information about the language proficiency exam, please contact the REEI academic advisor.
42 credit hours of graduate courses
- Courses must be passed with a minimum of a B average and must be area-related. Essay committee should consist of REEI and Business professors.
- At least 21 credit hours must be taken in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Courses should be selected in consultation with the REEI Academic Advisor.